Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cousins reuinion dinner

This past Saturday, my daughters Courtney and Alissa got together with my niece Mallory for a long overdue cousins dinner.
Judging from the smiles on their faces, I think they had a very good time.
Mallory is 19, my girls were 13 and 15 when she joined our family.
She is the only cousin that they actually know.
My other three nieces live in NC and after a nasty divorce (John's brother and his wife) we don't see them anymore.
I remember the excitement when Mallory was born.  We could not wait to get up to the hospital to meet her.
For many years, she had felt like a third daughter to me.  In many ways, she still does feel like a daughter, but one that is in college and no longer comes home much.  We spent lots of time together playing video games.  She taught me many things about Neopets and the Sims.
John and I took Mallory along on many of our adventures, too.  She helped fill a void for us when the girls both left for college.
I am so thankful to have her for my niece and I am so thankful that these three cousins have such an amazing relationship.




















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails