Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tizita's Graduation

What an exciting day for the Van Auken family.
Tizita graduated from 4K.
What an exciting day for this grandma.
I was able to sit back and watch with some critique a Preschool graduation without having to be the one in charge of it.  That was nice.
 Here is our little graduate with her diploma in hand.
 This is her teacher. 
I was her first preschool teacher when she was two and three years old.  I will be forever grateful for those special times we shared together.  Not too many grandmas can enjoy being their grandchild's teacher, too.
Biggest difference
 between me and her teacher, I haven't worn my skirts this short since college!
 This is Tizita's family penant.  These were all displayed at the graduation.
 A proud grandma.
 And the graduate requested pepsi which is not usually a treat she can have, but today was special and she enjoyed that pepsi.
 She loved her graduation cake, too.
Enjoying the cake.
It was a great, fun filled day1
Congratulations to our little graduate!

A funny thing happened today at a rummage sale.  Courtney and I went to the rummage sale after the graduation.  While paying for our purchases Courtney said to me, "Mom, are you okay with that?"  I had purchased an easel for my classroom and it was awkward to carry.
The lady taking our money said, "Oh, I thought you two were sisters, your mom looks so young!"
I thought this was so funny, but I imagine Courtney did not find it quite so amusing.
And to Alissa I say, this makes me your sister, too!  HA!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails