Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

 Happy Father's Day to my husband and the dad to our daughters.
Here he is as a very new, young dad holding his newborn daughter Courtney.
This is the time when both of us would just look at each other and ask, "what do we do with her?"
 John is the kind of dad who always enjoyed celebrating birthdays just for the sake of the girls.
This is John's birthday, Jan. 4, 1980 just three days before Alissa was born.
 John was the kind of dad who loved to go on adventures with the girls in tow. 
We took many trips, some to far away places and many short trips around our area.
The girls first swim in the ocean is documented in the bottom right photo.
Upper right photo is one of many, many motel pools that we visited.  I was never one to enjoy a motel pool, but John was always willing to go in and play with the girls.
 Top photo is John with Courtney and bottom photo is John with Alissa.
He took many naps with a baby on his lap.
 The girls loved reading time with dad.
There was always room on his lap for both girls.
 Since Alissa and John's birthday were only days apart we often celebrated them together.
 Ending my little tribute to John with this picture of him and his beautiful girls.
He is definitely a big part of why they turned out to be the successful, wonderful women they are today.
Thanks, John, for helping me raise these two great kids!
 I also just need to take a moment today to remember my dad.
Looks like he was a proud papa with me on this photo.
 I do know we had lots of fun doing things like this.
I remember he liked to lay on the living room floor and take a nap.  It was always fun to snuggle up with him there.
 Here's my new sandbox that he made for me.
 Teaching me how to hammer, I guess.
And here are my dad and me in my college room during my sophomore year.
I miss him today as we celebrate the wonderful blessings of dads, but I know I will see him again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails