Friday, June 1, 2012

The Saga continues

 So here we are in 1978, it was a very good year indeed.
Our lives were forever changed when Courtney Lynn entered our world.
I see another pregnant picture up on the top left, that was my lounging robe and I was just weeks away from having her in that picture.
Her baptism photo is next to that one.  I think John and I were still in a bit of shock, not quite sure what to do with this little bundle.
I love the picture of Courtney on John's lap in the middle.  It was taken before church one Sunday.
What happy times.
 1979 was another great year.
I was pregnant with Alissa, Courtney was the joy of our lives, and I was a stay at home mom.
Life cannot get much better than that!
I see a few pictures of a pregnant me again.  Bottom left is Alissa's due date and bottom right is our big New Year's celebration when she was a week overdue.

Alissa Marie joins our family in 1980. 
She finally decided to make an appearance on Jan. 7.
Her baptism picture is on the top left.   She had a head of hair!
I could only find a few shots from these two years, maybe we were too busy to take photos.
These were fun, busy times for our little family.
If I could go back to anytime in our lives, it would be these years.  I did not totally appreciate my babies.  I want to go back and savor every moment.  And take a few more photos.

We went to Sears to have this family photo taken as Christmas gifts.
Courtney's friend Jackie used to look at this framed print in our family room and remark what a proud father that John was.
In case you are wondering, I did give Courtney that mullet, but I knew better than to touch Alissa's hair.

 Here is a church photo taken in 1984.
We took a trip to the Dells as you can see by those pictures in the middle.
I was no longer a stay at home mom.
We had relocated to Watertown when Alissa was just a baby and I was teaching preschool so that my girls could get a superior education at Mary Linsmeier Schools.
John was working as an Engineering Tech for the city of Watertown.
Oh, is we could turn back the clocks and he would have stayed there, we would have been very close to retiring with a nice amount of change by now.
Would a, could a, should a...
I really like the picture of me at Great America on the top right.  I look really good on that picture.
We made many trips to Great America over the years, always a fun place for a family to hang out.
The wedding shots are from my brother's wedding.
I baked that ribbon cake for John's birthday, would not attempt cake decorating anymore.
Ten years together and we enter my worst looking years!  What was I thinking during this period.
John's folks sent us to Hawaii for a tenth anniversary gift.  I did not really appreciate the gift, but boy, would I ever love it now!

Well, there you have it.
A few more years in our life story.
More to come...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Enjoying the pictures! Oh boy do you have some good ones. I'm sure you were very busy in 1980 with a 2 year old and a new baby (I can say that from my current situation) And I can't believe Lissa had so much hair so early.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails