Thursday, May 31, 2012

A step back in time

When John and I were celebrating our 27th anniversary, I made a scrapbook for us.
Last night I got the scanner bug and today I scanned the pages.
The only problem is that the pages are too big to fit the scanner so you are only able to see some of each page, but I thought it would be fun to show you a glimpse into our past, page by page.
I will do a few pages each post.

This first page is from 1974, two years before we got married.
We are dressed as the Beverly Hillbillies in the picture on the bottom left.  The occasion was a dance in college.
I am Ellie May Clampett.
The photo on the bottom right is from a wedding that John and I attended together that summer and the other photos are from a fraternity formal that we attended.
Page 2- 1975
Our engagement picture is in the middle.
We were dressed for a 1920's party in the bottom right photo.
I was teaching Kindergarten that year and my class is in the bottom left photo.  I had forgotten how many kids I had in those two classes!
More of 1975.
We were at more weddings of friends that year.  Seems everyone was getting married.
The larger picture in the middle was snapped of us at a wedding.
Good times all around.
And finally on June 12, 1976, it was our turn to tie the knot!
It was a beautiful, hot summer day.
Lovely yellow/orange homemade bridesmaid dresses with yellow floppy hats.  Such was the style that year.  Groomsmen wore tan tuxes.
I loved my dress and all the daisies.
More 1976. 
That is our new couch in our very first apartment.  We both loved that couch.
We had eyed it up for months before receiving it as a wedding gift.
That couch was with us for years till is fell apart.  Oh the stories that couch could tell!
We loved everything about our first apartment.
More memories from our apartment.
John is trying on his coveralls in the middle picture.  I think we must have known he would be working in Elkhorn and thus the purchasing of coveralls for work in the sewers.
I am in an eighth grade St. John's cheerleading uniform in the bottom left photo.
We had just purchased our first car together, a blue Gremlin.  It was a wonderful car!
I am also quite proud of that God's Eye that I made in the bottom right photo.

This will be my last page for this post.
We moved to Elkhorn where John started his first job with Jensen and Johnson, I think that was the correct name.  He had to go into the many sewers in Walworth County.  It was a good job and we met many friends at that company.
I have very few pictures of my pregnancies, no one took pictures of pregnant ladies in those days, but I am pregnant with Courtney in the bottom middle picture.  It was taken at Christmas and she was born in February, so I was seven months along at that time.
It is a precious picture to me.
So, there is the beginning of our story,
Stay tuned for the continuing saga.

 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it! I never realized how much Courtney resembles you. I swear a few of those photos look like her (she may not like me saying that but it's true). Can't wait to see more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails