Friday, May 18, 2012

How does your garden grow?

 Yesterday was a beautiful day for pulling some weeds and planting a few more seeds.
Our garden is off to a great start this year.  The onions, radishes, and peas are all up and growing.
Yesterday I added lettuce, spinach, carrots, more radishes, more onions, cukes, and sweet corn.
Today the tomato plants will go in.
Looks like we might have a good crop this year, hopefully we will enjoy many fresh salads from this produce.
 Daisies are my favorite flower and I am happy to report that they have taken over the yard.
Seems to a bumper crop this year and I am not complaining.
 Found this pretty pink plant by the birdbath.  Must be some perenniel I added last year.
 This is a new plant that I found at Ebert's this year.  I really liked the colors.
 Roses are not one of my favorites, but I am happy with this rosebush that I got as a gift from one of my students last year.  It is loaded with buds and should be covered in pretty roses very soon.  Maybe if I grow them myself, I will enjoy them more.
 Just some more pretty daisles.
This year, I decided not to pay such a big amount for already planted planters, so I did my own planting.
I like the way they the two pots turned out and I am hoping they will bloom all summer.
So, that is how our gardens are growing so far this year.

1 comment:

Verna said...

Well. Someone......be it deer or raccoons seem to like my garden and hummingbird feeders. Guess they didn't think I needed 9 tomatoe plants. They nipped them off. So I got stuff to spray them to keep them away, but ended up they were all but burned up. So I got two more tomatoe plants and planted. Don't know if ny of the first planting will survive or not. The hummingbird feeders were empty this morning and one spilled and yanked off the tree, so bud put them in the shed this evening, will put them out when I get home in the morning. I so love to watch those little birds! And so want some garden fresh tomatoes but guess we shall have to wait and see. Glad yours is doing so well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails