Thursday, May 10, 2012


I needed to update my CPR certification for school so along with  my fellow teachers, we are all required to watch the two DVD's and then take the class next Monday.  You know the one with the dummies.
There are 14 of us that have to watch the DVD's by Monday, so I brought them home on Monday night, a bit disgruntled due to the fact that I had already attended our weekly staff meeting and had just heard that the first aid DVD alone was almost 2 hours long.  Ugh, it was going to be along night.

I put the first aid DVD in the laptop while I made supper and found that I could easily fast forward through lots of it and still get the concept.  I also felt it unnecessary to pay close attention to the snake bite, electric shock, drowning, heat stroke, and a few other sections since that wasn't going to happen in my classroom.
After learning all there was to know about First Aid (well, except for the above named things) I put in the CPR video and found that it had not changed since two years ago, so no need to really listen to that one, more fast forwarding, saw very quick chest thrusts!
John was watching some of it with me during supper and we decided that I would always be the one to go for help and call 911 by saying,
" So and so, do you know first aid?  Good, you stay here with this victim while I go call 911 and get help."
Now I just have to pass the Monday "hands on" section.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails