Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday dad

My dad would have been 84 years old today.
He died when he was 62.
At the time, 62 seemed rather old to me, but as I get closer to that number, I realize how young he actually was when he died.
He died unexpectedly but so often we see God's perfect plan in the timing of his death.
My dad died before almost all of his good buddies.  He has such a soft, sensitive soul that it would have hurt him so much to see those he cared about suffering.
We like to think that God took him early so he was spared all of that.
Now most of his good friends are with him up in heaven and I like to imagine the great birthday party they are having today.
As much as we would have loved to keep him around for many years, we never wish him back.
We think about him often, laugh about the good times, and often drink a toast to him.
Today we will do those things.
Happy Birthday, dad!
See you soon.
If you see Natnael running around up there give him a big hug and let him have a big piece of you birthday cake today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails