Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another school year comes to an end


Our school had its Spring Sing last night.
We tried something new this year, instead of only involving the Preschool and Kindergarten classes, the whole school took part in the performance.
Our school band played a few numbers to open the program, followed by a piano duet by two talented students.
My Preschoolers took center stage next.
We had made them little birdie costumes by sewing scarves onto the sleeves of colorful T-shirts. 
Elastic ponytail holders sewed on the corners of the scarves held them to the kids' wrists.
We also put feathers on the back of the T-shirts for their tails and made headbands for their heads.
They were the cutest little birdies ever!
Here they are shaking their little tails during one of our songs.
The audience laughed so hard at their cute little tails swishing!
We also received very loud applause after our numbers.
Here were our seats for the remainder of the show.  All 39 of my preschoolers sat on these two lines and never moved.
They enjoyed the rest of the program which included songs by the other classes, choirs, and more band numbers.
It was indeed a fun evening and my kids made me one proud teacher yet again.
I am going to miss this class of kids as they move on to Kindergarten.
They had line following down to a fine art from the start and it made my job so much easier.
In ways, I am ready for school to be over on Friday, but in other ways, I am sad to see this year end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails