Wednesday, March 7, 2012

365 day photo challenge

So, I read about this 365 photo challenge on Kim's blog. It sounded intriguing to me. The idea is to post a photo each day on your blog so at the end of the 365 days you would have a record of many things that happened on a daily basis. I think it sounds fun, but I don't like to take something on unless I can be successful at it, so I am hoping that I can actually take and post at least one photo a day. I think it is worth a try for me and if Kim can do it with two small children and a full time job, I think I should be able to do it, too.

The first picture I posted is the last one taken on my old camera just before it hit the floor at Anne's Uptown Tap last Saturday night. My camera had hit the deck many times in its short but full life, but this one was the straw that broke the camera's back. From the looks of the above photo and of some of my latest photos, I feel the camera was on its last leg anyway.
On Sunday I purchased a new camera with a $7.00 one year warranty against accidental breakage. I figured that was a good investment for me since I have a tendency to drop and break cameras. My only requirement was that the new camera be as similiar as possible to the old one. I did not want to have to learn any new things. And it is very similiar minus the touch screen which was not my friend anyway.
So, in getting back to this photo, besides being my last photo, it is also a photo that reminds me of a fun night out with my girls.
Day 1 - photo 1 complete!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Either you camera was broken, or I am a ghost. Both are very real possibilities. Also, it was a fun night out!

Kim said...

I have to vote that Lissa is a ghost! I'm willing to say that any night out with your two girls is a fun night out :) I'm also glad you are going to "play" along with the 365 day challenge. I know I may not be able to post everyday but I'm going to try my hardest. I love reading your blog too so I'm sure we will come up with some good pictures and posts and make it thru the year together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails