Saturday, March 31, 2012

New, gently used bike

While out on one of my walks last week, I noticed a few little girls' bikes at St. Vinney's. We bought Tizita her first bike which was a 12 incher with training wheels. Since she took that bike home with her, we bought her the same little bike at a rummage sale so she had one here at our house, too.
When she was here visiting us, it became apparent that she is quickly outgrowing that little bike. She told us she is learning to ride without training wheels, too, so it was time to find her a bigger bike. That is why when I saw those bikes at St. Vinney's I just had to check them out.
Today John and I purchased the above gently used 16 inch bike for $8.00. I think it will serve us well just like the littler one did. I am anxious to see how long it will take Tizita to ride it without the training wheels. It took her mama until she was seven years old and then it still took her a few months to learn to stop with the brakes. Anxious to see if Tiz takes after her mama in that regard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails