Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's Official

I am making it official because I figure once I put it out there on this public blog, I become committed to doing it, right?
I will apologize for the quality of these photos, took them quickly as I was packing away the grocieries, probably my least favorite "job," but I digress.

A number of years ago, John and I began eating better and exercising everyday. We both lost some poundage and felt like we looked better, but over the years we slowly went back to our old ways and some of those pounds came back on.
We have gotten back on the wagon and are committed to eating less and making better food choices as well as exercising on a regular basis. There I have written it down, now I have to follow the plan.

Yesterday I spent two hours in two different stores looking at groceries and trying to make some wise choices. My weight loss plan is simple, eat less, move more. It worked last time and it will work again.
I bought lots of fruit, snacks like the hundred packs above. The raisins are for John, I would not touch one of those nasty little things.
I purchased a variety of frozen veggies. As a rule, I don't do well with veggies, well, except for corn, so I am really stepping outside the comfort zone here. Last night we had fresh asparagas, which was very yummy.
Of course, I bought the lettuce, spinach, and other salad makings.
Add in some grilled chicken strips and stir fry kits.
Finally, the moving part. When the weather is bad for an outside walk, we use these tapes to get some movement in our day.
There you have it, on blog for the world to see. No turning back now! I will keep you posted every once in awhile.

1 comment:

Verna said...

Good for you! I have been trying to get out and move more myself. Sometimes it is very hard to do

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails