Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stone Soup

First of all, I want you to notice my cute apron which was a birthday gift from Carlee, the little girl the left. I felt I needed to wear it today while we were making our stone soup. We made stone soup to conclude our unit on the Five Senses.
After reading the story, we acted it out. The children were all the mean towns people who wouldn't share their food with me. Finally, I tricked them into sharing. Everyone brought some veggies and took turns adding them to the soup pot.
And yes, there really is a stone in the soup. That is what makes it so tasty. The kids were all worried about who would get that stone in their bowl of soup.
Here is my afternoon class making their soup.
It was really yummy. We used lots of spices, the big stone, carrots, corn, onions, celery, broccoli, garlic, and spinach with a few chicken boullion cubes thrown in. Most of the children ate the whole bowl, while a few of them refused to even touch it. It was either feast or famine with them.
One of my comments on FB when I posted the pictures was, "Boy, they teach them to make "whop-a-toolie" early these days. I laughed at that one, because I enjoyed some great whop-a-toolie in college, but that is a whole 'nother post!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay I need the whop-a-toolie post...I'll have to admit I've never heard that so I don't know what it is. (Apron was very cute!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails