Friday, March 9, 2012

Mary and Martha-photo 4

Day four of the photo project and I am still keeping up!
Funny things happen in my Preschool room all the time. It is the nature of the age. I wish I could document all of them, but I just never take the time. Today's funny story was too good to pass up though.
I used Barbie dolls to tell the story of Mary and Martha. I used Barbie dolls last year, too.
In the above photo you can see the blonde Barbie Mary sitting at Jesus feet listening to Him while the redheaded Barbie Martha is cooking.
After I finished telling the story, one of my little girls said, "Those are the wrong Barbies." At first I did not know what she meant but then she brought me the two brunette Barbies (from our Barbies in the play area) that I had used last year.

Here are the ones I used last year and the funny thing is that they are still dressed in the outfits I chose for them at that time.
So here you can see Mary and Martha 2011 on the left and Mary and Martha 2012 on the right. It all came back to me eventually.
Lesson learned: I must document these things so I don't make this mistake again in the future.
At least Jesus Ken stayed the same since we only have one Ken!
I was impressed that the kids could remember such a detail. They may not have remembered the story of Mary and Martha, but they sure remembered the actresses!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Kids do have the sharpest memory at times. I like how they had on the same outfits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails