Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle again


Our little get away is over and we are home. John is back in the saddle at work and I am back in the saddle here on the computer. (Remember it is summer vacation for me) We took a bike ride around Lake Winnebago yesterday and then rode 12 more miles exploring other spots in Oshkosh. The picture is from another park we found. I thought the play equipment at this park was awesome! Shortly after leaving the park my chain came off my bike. Now usually one can just put the chain back on with little problem except greasy hands, but this time we (Actually John, I didn't touch the dirty thing) could not get it on and we noticed that it was bent in one area. John offered to go get the car while I waited with the broken down bike, but I decided we should walk back to Courtney and Paul's. It ended up being just under 3 miles-my odometer was working just fine. We were a bit on the sweaty side, but have yet another bike story to add to our collection. If you remember, last year my bike flew off our car while returning from Iowa. It is quite disheartening to watch your husband and son in law running down the highway to retrieve your bike. We took it to Wheel and Sprocket and they fixed it up. Again we found a Wheel and Sprocket in Oshkosh and got the chain fixed. I am a good customer of theirs! Quite by accident John had spotted the Wheel and Sprocket the day before while eating across the highway at Culver's. He filed the info and it came in handy when we needed it.

Anyway the repair took all of ten minutes and we drove home with no incidents.

Note to Tizzy-Check out that cool climbing thing at the new park we found. I think it will be fun to climb on that with you. I always enjoy playing at parks as long as I have a child in tow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails