Monday, June 16, 2008

When did we get old enough to retire?


This is my good friend, Joan and I at her retirement party on Saturday, June 14, which also happened to be her 55th birthday! We had a lovely time at her party renewing friendships with many of her High School friends and her wonderful family. I still remember our days at Carroll College like it was yesterday. I am so blessed to have met Joan during those first few difficult days of college. She was my life raft that helped keep me afloat during some hard times. We eventually became roommates during our Junior year and the adventures continued. She introduced me not only to many of her good friends from South Milwaukee but also to many new experiences which will remain unmentioned here. Those were the days, my friend...
My wish to Joan is for many, many happy times ahead during her retirement. Celebrate life, my friend!
Note to Tizzy: My wish for you is to find friends like Joan who will stick by you through all the phases of your life. It is nice to know that someone is there who will come to your aid in a heartbeat even though you don't see them as often as you would like.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails