Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A surprise call from Portugal!


Today I was so surprised when my cell rang and when I picked it up, it was a former Preschooler's dad calling from Portugal. At first I couldn't think who was calling me from Portugal and it didn't register right away until he mentioned Audrey's name, then it all clicked for me. Audrey's family are WELS missionaries. They were home for a furlough (I believe that is the correct terminology) last summer and enrolled Audrey in my Preschool for 6 weeks. Well, lucky for me those six weeks turned into 6 months. I was so blessed to have Audrey in my class for that much time and to get to know her wonderful family. They left for Portugal at the end of February where they will live for about a year to learn the language so they can do missionary work in Mozambique. At the end of the school year my class made Audrey a book and I sent her a few little surprises along with the book. That is the reason for the call. She was so sweet on the phone. She asked to speak to one of her little friends, but I had to tell her that I was at home and not at school so her friend was not here. When I hung up I felt so good. The Lord truly blessed my day by having her call. Her mom and dad both have a blog so I intend to keep up with their lives. Audrey is the little girl in the picture and yes, she always had that big smile on her face. I miss her!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails