Monday, June 2, 2008

Finally a home for the family


Last Christmas I gave my grandchild, who at that time had no name, sex, or age, two families for a doll house. Being a teacher, I have access to lots of teaching toys and I found these two perfect families to blend and make into the happy Van Auken family. I gave them a caucasion family and an African American family. Both families have a grandma, grandpa, sister, brother, baby, and a mom and dad. Now Tizita can make a family just like hers or she can mix and match them however she chooses. So we have the family, but I had to wait for their house until school was over for the year. This house that they will move into is very special because it belonged to Mallory. She generously donated it to my Preschool, but now it is time to take it to Oshkosh so Tizita can set up housekeeping in it when she arrives. It is one of the most popular toys in my classroom so I know she will have lots of fun with it. It still has all its original furniture, too. Great Grandma Marge lovingly washed it all up today so it will be all ready for Tizita.


To my little Tizita Desta: It is so much fun getting these things ready for your arrival. I am looking forward to sitting down with you and playing with your family and your doll house.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails