Monday, September 22, 2008

Come Monday, it will be all right...


Today was an awesome day for a Monday and it was way better than just all right, but that Jimmy Buffet number seemed somehow a good choice. I took my class outside to play in the leaves today. We have some beautiful maple trees in front of our school and the pretty leaves were all over the lawn, so I decided we needed to experience that fall tradition of leaf throwing with the real thing. The photographer from our local paper drove up and took some pictures of us and there we were on the front page of the Watertown Daily Times. Free publicity for our school and a very successful leaf frolic all wrapped up in one! My kids were exceptionally well behaved today and all my lessons worked like the book always says they should. Let me tell you, that kind of success only happens once in a blue moon in the real world of teaching, so I am chalking this Monday up as one great day. Plus only four more school days until I get to spend time with Tizita again. Life doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails