Friday, September 5, 2008

Where in the world are Courtney and Paul?

I think it is 2:00 in the afternoon in Ethiopia right now. (They are eight hours ahead of us as far as I know) That means that at this moment Courtney and Paul could be spending time with little Tizita however I haven't heard anything since the email from Frankfort. I know there are many power outages and that the only way to use a computer is with dial up, so it is rather difficult to make contact, but then again they said they would contact us when they got to the guest house which would have been yesterday sometime. I wasn't too concerned until Paul's mom emailed and she too was waiting to hear something. I am a world class worrier all on my own, but when people who normally do not worry start to show concern (like John or Paul's mom) then the thoughts really kick in for me. I am getting to that place right now. If you are reading this, I am asking for some extra prayers today both for Courtney, Paul, and Tizita and for all of us who are waiting on this end. Pray that God would give us peace of mind and take away any of these negative thoughts and send them far away. I would also love to hear some positive comments from you. If Gretchen reads this, please send me your email. Thanks in advance and hopefully by my next post I will have good news.

1 comment:

badger girl said...

Hi! Sending love and prayers around the world. God has a hand in this -- you know He does. He blessed Paul and Courtney with perfect timing to meet up with their little angel. I'm sure that communications over there are quite different. We are so spoiled in America. We have phone, e-mail, cable, etc...everywhere you go! Even in the poorest parts of the country you can still find a wi-fi signal somewhere. I'm sure things are different in Ethiopia. I know Paul and Courtney will call you as soon as it's feasible. In the meantime, don't fret. Send them positive vibes that they can bond quickly with Tizzy and feel God's love as they start this AMAZING new chapter of their lives as husband and wife -- and MOTHER and FATHER! Just remember, God is good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails