Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My first refrigerator art

Imagine my surprise today when I opened my mail and found a beautiful picture made by little Tizita during one of her art times. I immediately put it up in the place of honor on the fridge. I hope it is the first of many, many masterpieces created by Tizzy. We can't quite tell what it is, but she chose some lovely colors. I think it is more a work of modern art.
I talked to Courtney today and she said they took Tizita swimming today for the first time and she really enjoyed it. To those of you who know anything about Courtney, you know how important swimming has been in her life and how much she wants her children to be swimmers. Courtney, herself began swimming at about one year and used to cry when we had to leave the pool or listen to instructions before we could get in. She started swimming competitively at age eight and continued right on through college. Her first swim team coach taught her so much more than just proper swim strokes, starts, and turns. He taught her as well as all her teammates to set goals and then go after those goals, not only in the pool, but in life. That has stuck with Courtney, Thanks, Scott! So with this first visit to a swimming pool today, Tizzy is on her way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails