Saturday, September 27, 2008

Take the weather with you

Can you guess where John and I spent his last day of "vacation" today?

I chose this favorite Jimmy Buffett song for today's post. Since John starts his new job on Monday we were pretending this week was a vacation week. We often get through the tough times by giving them a new name and looking at them in a different way, that way this last week of a lay off didn't seem so bad when we called it a vacation. We had a beautiful hike somewhere. I was just wondering if anyone would like to try and guess the location. I visit many blogs and they often have contests like name the location or name the photo, so here is my first blog contest. Not sure if there is a prize or not yet!
Getting back to the Buffett song. The weather this past week has been just gorgeous. Temps in the low 70's, no rain, and my favorite part, the cool nights just great for sleeping. The trees are starting to change color and the look of fall is in the air. I love fall except for the fact that it means winter is right on its tail. John and I both agreed that we would like to take this weather with us right into the new year, through next spring. And we will take the memory of perfect weather days like today with us anyway even if we can't take the actual weather with us. Neither of us buy into the whole global warming thing, but if this warm weather is caused by global warming we are all for it! So, Jimmy, we are following your advice and taking this weather with us.
Now go ahead and enter my contest!
Note to Tizzy: I am coming up to see you in about one hour! I am bringing your great grandma GiGi with me as well as your Grandpa John. You already met your Auntie Alissa and Uncle NTN. It is going to be one great day in the 'Kosh. See you very soon.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails