Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Our Bible story for this week is Noah and the Ark. Today just as my 16 three year olds were settling down in their Jesus circle, someone came in and told us there was a rainbow over our church. We moved those 16 kids outside even quicker than they move for a fire drill to see the sight. I really think God sent us that rainbow at that time to show all of us, the kids and the teachers as well, that he still keeps all his promises. I could not have planned the lesson better. We came back in and did our story with our play animals and ark, sang our fun Noah songs, and ended with a discussion about God's promise sealed with a rainbow. The day just got better from that point on, why wouldn't it?
I just got off the phone with Courtney and I could hear all of Tizita's "talking" in the background. I can hardly stand waiting until Saturday to see her again.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful story!!

Verna said...

God's timing is always better then ours. And the title sure is fitting!

Courtney and Paul said...

Awesome that the rainbow would show up right on cue. Tizu is looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday (well at least I am excited!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails