Sunday, December 7, 2008

Balls , Balls and more Balls

A few weeks ago, a young boy named Kyle Dutter was murdered by his father who then committed suicide. This happened in the Madison area. Kyle had autism and there were financial problems which probably led to this tragedy. I heard a friend of Kyle's speakon the news about something he was doing in Kyle's honor and after hearing that little boy speak I had to participate in the ball drive in Kyle's honor. Kyle's friend also had special needs and the two of them became fast friends in their middle school. Can you just imagine how hard life is for special needs kids in a middle school? Wow, life is hard enough for so called normal kids in middle school. How fortunate that these two boys found one another. The friend (I wish I remembered his name) wants to fill two dump trucks with balls to be donated to Toys for Tots in memory of Kyle because Kyle loved all the balls in gym class. He always wanted to have a ball in his hands, didn't matter if it was big or small as long as it was a ball. So on Friday night we picked out the balls pictured above and tomorrow John will drop them off in Middleton. I feel good about these balls and about that special little boy who lost a friend and now wants to honor him. I hope he fills way more than two dump trucks!

3 comments:

Verna said...

I Hope he fills 3 dump trucks with balls. What a neat way to remember him by and help others in need.

Courtney and Paul said...

Great. Now I'm crying over here.

Can Tizu and I pick up some balls and bring them with on Friday? Let me know and we'll make a trip before the "big storm" hits.

Lissa said...

When do you need them by? I'll try and stop to get a few balls before I come out this weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails