Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's all over and way too quickly!

It is hard to believe that all the planning and anticipation of Christmas is now over. I took my village down today as well as most of the Christmas decorations. I replaced them with my snowmen collection. The tree is still up but I am ready to take that down soon, too. As my daughter, Alissa says "we are done with Christmas and into the birthday season now." John and I found some good after Christmas deals yesterday which included a new Christmas tree for next year. When ours comes down this year, it will go in its box and out on the curb for the garbagemen. We got a really good deal on a prelit tree at Target, we could not pass it up. We also found some great deals on clothes at Kohl's, couldn't pass that up either. We had a nice lunch with Alissa at one of our favorite restaurants in Wauwatosa. After lunch we looked at her pictures from Jamaica. I think John and I would really enjoy Jamaica, maybe someday... I worked at school in my classroom for two hours today so it is all ready for my first day back, Jan. 5, now I can put it out of my mind for the rest of my vacation. John and I are heading down to Dave and Buster's inChicago next week. I have always wanted to go to a Dave and Buster's or as I like to call it, an adult Chuck E. Cheese. I cannot wait to play some skee ball! We will also hit IKEA and the Woodfield Mall on our trip down there. That brings us to New Year's Eve. I am not a fan of New Year's Eve. I like to just get it over with and roll right into the next day as if it is nothing special. John and I have done many things on all the New Year's Eves through the years. We just could never quite settle into one tradtion. Sometimes we went out with friends for dinner and the midnight noisemakers and hats provided by the eatery, sometimes we went to or hosted house parties with fun games, sometimes we prepared a special meal and watched a movie by ourselves, sometimes we traveled to St. George to welcome the new year on the beach, and sometimes we spent the night with our girls playing board games. Those were my favorite New Year's Eves, the ones spent with the girls. I have been waiting to babysit for grandchildren on New Year's Eve for a long time, but this year when I actually have a grandchild, Courtney and Paul are not going out so I can't babysit yet! I think John and I might do a movie this year, or we might grill some steaks, or we might play some wii with Mallory, lots of possiblities. We will have to see where the day takes us.
This has been a rambling post, but I have lots in my head tonight so what can I say...
Later...

1 comment:

Verna said...

We did a movie this p.m. Now I know why we don't go to movies often. Rather expensive!
Enjoy your time off, I have to return to work Monday for 3 days before getting another long week end.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails