Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Birthday Weekend!

Mallory turns 16!
Tizita turns 2!
This weekend we are celebrating two big Birthdays at our house. We will be partying with Mallory on Saturday. I am busy decorating the basement where most of the festivities will take place. I have also set a lovely table with pretty plates, napkins, and silverware that Alissa picked out. I won't post any pictures of my creative table because Mallory might just wander over here to my blog and see it and spoil my surprise. I think Mallory will be quite excited with all her gifts, too. I will be making her favorite foods for dinner, too. A girl only turns 16 once so we want to make it a very special day for her.
On Sunday after church we will celebrate Tizita's second birthday. It is so hard to believe she is already turning two. She has grown up so much in the three months since she has been home. I have a little cake just for her, very chocolately so she can get messy just as any two year old is entitled to. We bought Elmo plates, napkins, hats, etc. since she knows who Elmo is. Her gift is the Fischer Price nativity set, the Bethlehem city set, and the Three Wise Men set. She should get many years of enjoyment out of these gifts.
Yes, it is going to be a very fun weekend indeed and I am looking forward to all the celebrations. It is difficult to have birthdays so close to Christmas and make them special but I have always worked hard at it since Alissa's birthday is Jan. 7, John's is Jan. 4, and my brother's is Dec. 17 as well as Mallory's Dec. 13, and Tizita's Dec. 19. What a busy, exciting time!
Check back soon for a recap of the events.

2 comments:

Verna said...

Sounds like you will have a full fun filled week end. Will be looking forward to seeing photos.
Enjoy.

Kim said...

MAL- if you read this....
Have a wonderful 16th birthday!!! Can't wait to see pics of the party.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails