Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Day!

I have a snow day today! It has been snowing since 2:00 yesterday and it is still coming down so our school district deemed it usafe for the children to be out and about today. While I am happy to have the day off, but (there is always a but, isn't there?) I will miss my Tuesday preschool class and have to double up on their projects on Thursday. With Christmas fast approaching, we have songs and recitations to learn for our Christmas Eve service and gifts to make and wrap for our families. Is it no wonder this time of the year is stressful even for little ones.
I have some big plans for today though. I am going to clean the basement and get it ready for Mallory's sixteenth birthday party on Saturday, I am going to clean the bedrooms and get them ready for overnight guests for said party, I am going to play tetras(not sure I spelled that right, but that is what spell check told me) and try and improve my score, I am going to get organized for Tizita's second birthday which we will celebrate on Sunday, I am going to bake some cookies, I am going to play Guess the Sketch, Look at Facebook, Shovel snow, Check out blogs, ... Wow, I am exhausted just thinking about my day off! I hope everyone in this area is safe either at home or has safely arrived at their work place.
Snow, you gotta love it!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am a bit jealous. I don't want the snow necessarily but would love to have the Snow Day (I wish I could figure out how that would be possible.) It was so hard to drag myself out of bed today. I was so comfortable and its dark, dreary, and rainy here. (If it were colder it would be a LOT of snow.) Hope you enjoy your very busy day "off."

badger girl said...

Considering all the things you want to get done today...I'd say it's a good thing you have a snow day! :)

Courtney and Paul said...

Sounds like a full plate. Nothing much on my agenda. I'd like to get presents wrapped, but I think the extra "helping" hands might derail that plan.

Verna said...

Snow Day? Can you tell me what that is? In the 28 years I have been here, only once can I remember that we went home early because of snow. So, I am jealous!
And they don't bother scooping our lot till the last dog is hung, so normally I've had to wade the snow in from the street when Bud dropped me off for work.
Enjoy your snow day. I'll plug on trying to get the 10th payment done and get all the bills paid for. I even came in early (6:15) so I could get some reports done before the phones started ring....WE are having rain....Thank God it isn't ice today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails