Monday, December 1, 2008

No Snow Day for Me

What is the point of snow if there is not enough to have a snow day? My first day back after five days off was actually very nice. The kids were very well behaved and glad to be back in school after their break. I had all the Christmas activities and toys out so they were all wide eyed and eager to try everything. I have a small child sized tree that I let them decorate and undecorate as often as they like. I think it is important for them to have some ownership of a tree and not have to hear, "Don't touch" all the time. Our Bible story today was The Three Men in the Fiery Furnace. This was always one of my favorite stories when I was growing up and they listened to it so intently. They marble painted fires and tomorrow we will put our three men plus the angel in the fires. Next week we begin the Christmas story. We also discussed the planets today and I have never had my threes listen and hang on to my every word. They can now name the nine planets (Yes, I still teach Pluto as a planet because if God made it as a planet, a planet it will remain) and tell a little fact about each one. They are really quite amazing at times! So I am glad that I did not have a snow day today or I would have missed this fantastic day with my kids!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I want to be in preschool again. Your classes sound like so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails