Saturday, April 21, 2012

Early Childhood Fair

 I have been hosting a booth at the Early Childhood Fair here in Watertown for more years than I care to remember.  It is a morning filled with fun activities for all the young children in our area.  All the area Preschools, Day Cares, and other organizations that pertain to kids set up a booth and offer some fun type activity for the children.  Our booth just happened to have Ethiopian colored balloons on it.  I thought that was appropriate since today the Van Aukens are leaving Ethiopia to fly home.
 The Watertown Gosling is always at the fair.  This is one of my students posing with the big bird.
 I made these discovery bottles for the children to use at our booth.  This is another one of my students having fun looking for objects in the bath salts.  As they found the objects, they checked them off on the list.  I fully intended to use rice in these bottles, but I found these bath salts in these containers at the Dollar Store.  Such a great find!  The kids really seemed to enjoy the activity, too.
 Here is the granddaughter of one of my friends checking out the bottle activity.
 Mickey and Minnie even made an appearance.
 More kids enjoying the activity.
 We also have a bean bag toss at our booth.  Here is my friend and fellow teacher's little grandson enjoying the toss.
We really like our beanbag game.  We toss bee shaped beanbags into the flowers and our prize is a pack of seeds.
One of the things I really like about this annual fair is that it gives me the chance to see many of my old col lieges as well as many other early childhood educators from the area.  I have not done many big noteworthy things in my life, but I do have a good reputation among these people and I know they respect the way I teach.  It always makes me feel good about the job I do in the classroom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails