Thursday, April 5, 2012

Talented Foot or Sideways Computer

Okay, so the other night, I had my laptop on the floor while I was cutting out some projects for school. Every little bit, I would pick up the computer, check things and then go back to cutting. At one point as I was leaning down to pick up the computer, my foot ever so gently brushed the keyboard and I mean just slightly touched, no more than your hand would have touched it.
Suddenly, the screen picture was sideways! Oh, oh, slight problem.
I called Alissa since I figure her husband is into all things computer and he could help me with a quick fix. Nathan says he does not deal in sideways computers, huh. Alissa suggested we "google" the problem. John did that for me and found out there really is a very quick fix. Control, Alt, and the arrow key at the same time. Who knew?
So to stage this picture, I just went ahead and turned the screen on purpose.
I share this for two reasons, 1. so I can always remember this crazy incident and 2. so you know what to do if it ever happens to you.

Two other things, it is very difficult to work the mouse from this sideways position and I have one very talented foot. I cannot believe my foot was able to touch all three of those buttons and perform such a feat! A feat with a foot, HA!
Time to move on...

2 comments:

Kim said...

To quote you, that was quite the "Feat with your foot!" Made me smile and taught me how to fix it should I ever run across the same thing.

Verna said...

When it happens to me I shall just have to call you. I had a problem the other day, and called Julie at Tica, and when she answered I figured it out on my own. I was so pleased with myself.
To me hands own is the best way that I learn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails