Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just Lookin' Back

When one adopts, some milestones are missed.  When Tizita came home at age 21 months, we had missed many of those milestones.  We never saw her first smile, her first steps, or heard her first words, but for some reason, I never looked back, only forward.
Now as I look at this picture taken shortly after she arrived, I don't feel we missed anything at all.  I can hardly remember her as  being this small and it feels like she has been here forever.  Life just falls into chapters, there was one titled,  "Before Tizita," and there is one labeled, "After Tizita."  Anything else is just not important.
Soliana will hopefully arrive home a few months after her first birthday which is July 7.  We will be able to witness a few more of her milestones which will be nice, but again, I expect it will seem like she has been a part of our family forever once she gets here.
One thing is for sure, God knew these two sweet girls would be part of our family way before they were even born, He also, in His infinite wisdom, knew that Natnael's time on earth would be short, played out just as planned.
God is good, all the time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow, it's hard to remember Tiz so little. She has grown so fast (as I'm sure Soliana will and I know my 2 do too). You have a great perspective! It's not the firsts you miss, it's the chapters you write together moving forward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails