Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kindle

Okay, so my photos today are not really pictures that I took, but I think Kim and I decided that these were okay to use for our challenge. When Alissa was here this past weekend, she spent time reading books on her phone. I had never envisioned that being an enjoyable experience for me. Somehow it seemed like the print would be so small and I have always enjoyed the feel of a real book in my hands, but lo and behold I am hooked.
Loaded the app from Kindle on my phone. (terminology may not be right with that) Alissa told me about Pixel of Ink which is a FB like that offers free books to download each day. There are usually four offered at a time a few times a day. I have downloaded about ten of them and I am enjoying the first mystery already. I have the print set nice and big so reading is easy and effortless.
I used to join book clubs, order the free books and quit the club after I bought the required two or so books. I have quite a nice library because of that practice, but sadly, I have not read a book for awhile. I am happy to be back to reading again.
My favorite books are still mysteries, but I am hoping to branch out. Since these are all free, I can quit reading one without guilt if I want. Alissa warned me to watch out for the christian books, she got one by mistake and didn't realize it right away until it started mentioning God! I don't think I would mind that as much as she did.
At any rate, I am going back to reading!


2 comments:

Verna said...

I love my kindle and iPad. I have close to 100 books. Free on it that I have not yet read. It allows me to have more books and read more because of the limited space we have her in our camper. I even purchased my Bible and thought I would let it read to me......but it will also read the verse number as it is reading ....baaaah. So my for that thought didn't make any sense when reading in the old testament.

I got a lot of Grace Livingston Hill books free and purchased a lot of Karen Kinsbury books. Lu's novels and mystery. Even some cook books that I want to try.

Enjoy your reading time!

Kim said...

I too like Pixel of Ink and follow it on FB to get the freebies. I get them all for my Kindle that I got for Christmas and I'm enjoying all of them. Lots of my friends at work read on their phones too. Enjoy! (I'm a few days behind on my pictures but it's been crazy at work this week and now I'm sick. BOO!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails