Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wowing the crowd in church

My Preschoolers sang in church again today.
Each time we sing it gets better and better.
This group of kids is able to walk into church and up onto the altar without any assistance.
It is amazing.  I like to think it might be the teacher, but I have been doing this for so many years and this is the first group that has been able to get up there so easily.
To top it off, they stand up there and wait for the time to sing which can easily be five minutes or longer.


  


Today's performance was part of a special song service so my class was accompanied by two flutes and the piano.
I was worried that I would not get the verses started at the correct time since the flute played in between each verse, but things went very well.
I also do not usually stand up to direct.  I prefer to just kneel on the floor and let the kids be seen, but with this performance, they needed some guidance, so I had to stand and actually direct.
I think it probably looked like I was dancing because I am a bit animated while I direct, but hopefully most eyes were on the kids and not the crazy director.
It is rather bittersweet since this is our last time to sing this year with this group of Preschoolers, I can only hope that next year's group will continue to be able to get up there with such little help.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails