Friday, April 13, 2012

Safe travels to the Van Auken Family

On Monday, this sweet family is traveling to far off Ethiopia to meet their new daughter/sister,, Soliana. As you might remember, I was against the idea of taking Tizita along on their last trip to meet Natnael. Tiz stayed with us while they traveled. That decision did not have anything to do with my feelings however. This time I am feeling very good about the three of them traveling together. It seems so different this time around and I pray it is. The three of them are so excited to meet their new daughter/sister. I take comfort in the fact that they have friends in Ethiopia who will help them out if they need anything and of course, they will visit their son/brother's grave which will be wonderful for them.
John and I are going up to bid them farewell tomorrow. Tiz wants to go to Monkey Joe's so we will do that with her and make some new memories to help us out while they are gone. My mind will be on them every minute especially when they are in the air, but I know God will protect them and this trip will turn out just as it should.
Safe travels to this sweet little family!

1 comment:

Verna said...

Safe travels for them. And peace of mind for grandma and grandpa as they journey there and back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails