Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite

On Easter Sunday, the weather was just perfect for flying a kite, so we decided to do just that. Tizita and I rode the bike down to the park to our kite flying area. While it was a good day for kiting, it was not so good for biking. The wind was strong!
As we approached the park I noticed what I thought was another family flying a kite and I thought to myself, "now we have people sharing our air space." I said to Tiz, "Look, they are flying a kite, too." I heard the "young boy" say, 'That is our kite!" I thought, "how rude." Well, we then realized it was Courtney (the young boy), Paul, and John waiting for us. I didn't actually realize this until Courtney said, "It's your family." You may have had to have been there to think this was funny, but it was funny and I wanted to remember it.
Now back to the kite business.

Grandpa already had Curious Georgio flying high, so Tiz took over the controls.
There is Georgio flying high.
The Van Auken family watching from a prime spot.
Another high flying kite picture.
Tizita had some fun just running with Georgio.
It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It also brought back memories of when we had flown this same kite on St. George Island.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails