Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jenny's Hat

For years now, I have been acting out the story, Jenny's Hat as part of our Easter party. Lynne Uttech and I first were introduced to this "play" at an early childhood conference many, many moons ago.
I play the part of Jenny who wants a beautiful Easter hat, but the one she gets as a gift is very plain. The children play the part of little birds. Jenny feeds these birds and tells them her secrets, hopes, and dreams. The little birds feel sorry for Jenny and her ugly hat, so they decorate it while she takes a nap under their tree. The kids love sneaking up and putting their little decorations on the hat. Of course, "Jenny" makes a big deal out of the beautiful hat.
It is really a fun little play.

Here I am with all my little birdie friends and my very pretty hat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails