Monday, April 16, 2012

It is going to be one L O N G week for me


Today Courtney, Paul, and Tizita will board a plane to Ethiopia to meet my granddaughter, Soliana. I am back in my "hope for the best, expect the worst, and roll with the punches," mode. As you may recall, after we lost our sweet Natnael, I posted about not being in this usual mode and being blindsided by his sudden death. I learned my lesson and will not let that happen again.
Today all the possibilities are going through my mind, all the bad case scenarios that can happen whenever one flies, add to that flying to a third world country so far from home. I will not list them here, that might make them all too real, instead I will just let them filter through my head for the next week.
I am trying so hard to put it all into God's hands, since I know he already has it all planned out and all the worrying in the world cannot change that. I also try to remember Tizita's excitement as she anticipated this trip to meet her sister. We cannot take that away from her.
In my mind, I am fast forwarding to next Sunday when we will meet them at the airport and I will put all these worries to rest once and for all. It will be a joyous moment.
So, please keep all of us in your prayers and thoughts this week. It is going to be a long one for me, but with God's help and your prayers, I will survive it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails